Beast Mode change tracking

Hi,

Because we have a lot of users creating and sharing Beast Mode calculated fields, having a way to keep track of every changes done to a Beast Mode field chould be very useful. Because user having access to a dataset can modify a calculated field without notification, we can easily lose control and eventually lose some precious shared calculations. 

For now, the only way to keep track on changes is to learn user to always put current code in comments and copy the content then modify it.

Thanks!

Tagged:
3 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Hi,

Because we have a lot of users creating and sharing Beast Mode calculated fields, having a way to keep track of every changes done to a Beast Mode field chould be very useful. Because user having access to a dataset can modify a calculated field without notification, we can easily lose control and eventually lose some precious shared calculations. 

For now, the only way to keep track on changes is to learn user to always put current code in comments and copy the content then modify it.

Thanks!

• Thank you for submitting this idea @ManseauN.  I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright for review.

• Thank you for submitting this idea @ManseauN.  I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright for review.

• @ManseauN Thanks for this product feedback, it's good to understand how your teams use beast modes and how many users are involved in creating them. I will put this request as part of a larger request for managing Beast Modes and multipule users. 

Thanks! 

• @ManseauN@DaniBoy Looks like this idea was submitted twice. I responded to the orginial. Thanks!  

• It will also be a great value to have a versionning tool of a beast mode and be able see the contant of previous version and make rollback of version. Also we should be able to lock a beast a mode independly of the card like we do for a page/card/dataflow. 

• Just following up. Any update on this?

We got the case last week where a complex beast mode have been deleted by a user. I know there is a pop up alert before deleting, but the possibility still exists when users don't really read pop ups. (You know what it is...)

So I still reinforce the fact Beast Mode calculations need a versionning feature where we can rollback at some place. Maybe the solution would be that the Beast Mode could be managed through the admins functionnalities like Cards and Pages?

• This would be a great value to add a version control feature to display code from previous versions and make rollback. Also all users, not only admin, should be able lock/unlock their own beastmodes within a same dataset separatly from the card. like we do with pages/cards/dataflows...

• @btm @ckwright

Please provide an update on this one. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.