Add Open Graph meta data to Card pages.
Open Graph protocol enables any web page , in this case a Domo card page, to provide rich content so the link to the page can have the title and thumbnail of the page linked. For instance, this is used on Facebook so a link share in Facebook can capture a thumbnail and title of the page linked.
imaging having this for links to Domo cards. Tools like Slack can capture the Title and Thumbnail and provided rich content on the Slack channel. Sites like Linkedin can also use it.
Here are the meta tags for Open Graph (from http://ogp.me/)
- og:title: The title of your object as it should appear within the graph, e.g., "Sales Monthly".
- og:image: An image URL which should represent your object within the graph.
- og:url: The canonical URL of your object that will be used as its permanent ID in the graph, e.g., "http://<<your-domian>>.domo.com/thumbnail/card117500/".
- og:image:secure_url - An alternate url to use if the webpage requires HTTPS.
- og:image:type - A MIME type for this image.
- og:image:width - The number of pixels wide.
- og:image:height - The number of pixels high.
Granted cards that are not public will not allow this information to be expoused. but maybe a shared options can be added to the card so the card builder can decided if meta data is allowed.