Geography Mapping at MSA Level

As a new user, I understand that mapping is available at zip/county/state/country.  But domestically, my business also utilzes (extensively) MSA/CBSA/CBSA Division as a geographic identifier.  Would be helpful if you could incorporate this as a functional option.

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
**Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
8 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for your suggestion.  This has been submitted to our engineering team through ticket DOMO-43058.

• @Gavatar can you please take a look at this?

• Some great suggestions. We are looking at many custom mapping options. These are currently under investigation. Thanks for the input.

• With lots of new Dojo users following DomoPalooza, would like to take an opportunity to refresh this on the home-page 'Latest Posts' feed.  

Please vote this up if you would find it helpful, and please note that @Gavatar indicated that they are exploring other mapping grains as well, so go ahead and your own note about what you might need.

Actually, here's my own add.... maybe mapping grain functionality could be user-defined!?  Domo already knows zip codes, so if i can define my own regions based on overlaps with zip-codes, then i could create any map-level I wanted.  This could be done in a pre-loaded table containing both Zip and my own geo aggregation field, or perhaps by loading my own zip-to-map overlay table(s) as a data source, and then combining them in Magic.

**Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • @Gavatar, just wondering if there is any development on the roadmap that you can share around expanding mapping capabilities?

• We are working on several enhancements. 

1) We are adding the ability to start at an individual state level and then drill to fips codes then zip codes (we can already do this starting at the US map level)

2) We are updating several of our international maps 

3) We are exploring a general purpose geoJSON maps tool - basically you could upload an geoJSON map and then you can use it in the product (this one is super powerful but takes some skills)

This discussion has been closed.