Change Datatypes after importing data into Domo

Sometimes when building cards, we realize that the data is the wrong type (string as opposed to numbers). It would be nice to be able to change these somehow after it hits Domo as opposed to re-uploading a corrected datasource (where we've removed blanks, spaces or the word null).

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
12 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

12 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• This is something that has happened to me before as well.

"When I have money, I buy books. When I have no money, I buy food." - Erasmus of Rotterdam
  • This would a good feature. I think this would work but would just need to make sure during the validation that Workbench notifies you that the column types do not match. I think this would happen already but just need to make sure.

• Thank you for your suggestion.  This has been submitted to our engineering team through ticket # DOMO-37790

• @Court  @alexpeay @mattchandler can you please take a look at this?

• Hi @scherbelr,

Thanks for your feedback. It is already possible to change data type using Set Column Type in a Magic ETL DataFlow. It would also be great to do that without having to use a DataFlow—I'll add that request to our backlog.

Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
This discussion has been closed.