Table Row Limit when Publishing Card

When publishing a table card, the publication displays a limited number of rows. I'm requesting that if a card displaying data in a tabular format is published, it should display all rows and not be limited to a set height. This may require a scrollbar to view all rows.

Thank you for considering this.

30 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this @theCliffs.  I am assigning to our product manager @michaelf for review.

• @theCliffs thanks for the feedback! It's great to hear that this is a need. We'll take a look at this and see what we can do to allow you to see all that data.

• One more upvote to this idea from my side. 

•  Is there any progress on this suggestion?  It would be incredible helpful if we were able to set a number of pages (or some other solution) for a table to be published into the .PPT format when the table is otherwise large.

Thanks!

• Im in the same situation. It would be great if this feature is available. Another idea would be to export the object table into the ppt. I mean, The cutted table is fine but the detail of the other elements cutted off could be inserted as a excel object into the ppt slide

• @btm @michaelf 

Can you guys provide an update please?

Thanks!

Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • @michaelf @DaniBoy

@theCliffs wrote:

When publishing a table card, the publication displays a limited number of rows. I'm requesting that if a card displaying data in a tabular format is published, it should display all rows and not be limited to a set height. This may require a scrollbar to view all rows.

Thank you for considering this.

hi there, any updates on this? It is really helpful to view all the data.

• vote for this

• Seems like a fundamental flaw in the way publications work. Why even allow table publication when a table longer than a single ppt slide would be displayed improperly? The entire purpose of using publications for us is to *avoid* relying on powerpoint slides or excel spreadsheets

• @michaelf and @DaniBoy, any update on this feature?

• crickets

• Any further update?  We have the same need here - to scroll onto multiple pages when a table card is published that wont fit on one slide.  Please approve to development.  There are 10 of us here, so 10 votes for this one!

•  Please, some sort of report viewing / printing solution is needed for cards with too much data to be displayed onto one slide. 

• @user02961 I will add some weight to this but it would be helpful for all of your colleagues to come in and vote this up please.

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • As the Black Eyed Peas would say "Let's get it started!"

• I am so on board with this.  Working on my team as well.

• A vote for me as well.

Cut off tables do not represent the correct dataset for report exports.

• Amazing that this idea has gotten absolutely nowhere in 4 years. 

• They're too busy nickel and diming all their clients to using their flawed Data Science Tiles....

• PhilD
    PhilD ⚪️

What exactly is the use-case to publish a table that is randomly cut off at a certain point leaving no way to view the rest of the table? When would I want this to behave this way?

I just discovered this after not checking and basing a whole process around this, only to find that the scroll bar in a published table is just a picture of a scrollbar and does not actually let the user scroll down. Now I have a table publised and only the first two-thirds is viewable.

I suppose this is my fault for assuming that something on a published web-view that looked like a scrollbar would behave like a scrollbar.

This discussion has been closed.