MajorDomo Dashboard

There are several apps in the app store that I find useful for managing Domo: 

• Dataset Growth
  • Domo Usage
  • Data Relevancy
  • Magic 8-ball (which was about sales and I adjusted to some domometrics)

I would recommend having such a dashboard available to the Admins during the onboarding process.  I also recommend including better descriptions of the datasets in DomoMetrics and KB articles on how to access them.  I personally have to open support cases for connecting this up and that probably clogs the support team.  

I also think a card on the support cases opened, closed, in progres for our Domo instance would be useful for the MajorDomo's.  Users don't always say when they are in trouble and they don't always use DomoBuzz, even if they should.  

In the Best Practices Guide for Datasets, it says, 

"It is good practice to audit the Data Center once a month and make sure all the important DataFlows and DataSets are running". 

So why isn't there a card for that?  I should be able to alert on those things, no?  

11 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• (Apparently I can't edit a post.  Oh well, I will comment).

In the Best Practices Guide for Datasets, it says, 

"It is good practice to audit the Data Center once a month and make sure all the important DataFlows and DataSets are running". 

So why isn't there a card for that?  I should be able to alert on those things, no?  

• Note to the designers - you have two different UI patterns for editing comments and ideas.  I think you should do it the same way.  

• Or how about a big dataset stream from DomoMetrics and I will just build it all from that.  

• Thank you for submitting this idea @mcoblentz.  I am assigning to our product manager @MitchyMitch8 for review.

You also mentioned a dataset.  @alexpeay might be able to give some guidance on that. 

Also alerting @DaniBoy about editing posts.

• @product_John, thanks for the reply.  I just finished working with Support (Austin) on Case number: 02304537 and an application called DataSet growth.  The app is in the app store and suggest that it can track the growth and size of datasets.  Sound pretty useful but you need to feed it some data that is not in Domo Metrics.  I'm not sure how to reconcile an app you can't build with a dataset that's missing data, so I'm bringing it to the Idea Exchange.  

@alexpeay

@MitchyMitch8

If needed, take a look at the MajorDomo dashboard I built for us:  https://emc.domo.com/page/1024342177

• @mcoblentz This one is defintely on our radar. @miken12r probably has some good visibility as to where this is at from a development perspective

This discussion has been closed.