Admin needs for DRILL cards

Please see this thread. -- it is essentially an idea submission.

I proposed the below solution today (9/16), having posted this intial topic in February:

I just deleted a TON of drill cards because I was doing clean-up and deleting cards via Admin>Cards that appeared to not live on any page.

Please address this -- easy fix would be for the Admin page to indicate that this is a DRILL, not a primary card. I now have cards that have descriptions telling the user to drill through..and there will not be a drill present, because I've removed them by mistake.

VIEW FROM ADMIN MENU - PLEASE HAVE SOME TEXT TO INDICATE THIS IS A DRILL, NOT A CARD

Capture.PNG

CLICKED ON CARD TITLE -- SAYS THIS DOES NOT LIVE ANYWHERE. IT IN FACT LIVES WITHIN A CARD THAT EXISTS ON A PAGE, THOUGH I CAN'T TELL WHICH CARD/PAGE FROM HERE WHICH IS A CHALLENGE.

Capture.PNG

Please help!

Broadway + Data
Tagged:
5 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• @product_John can we esclate this to have someone review ASAP.

@cmarkum you referenced an idea you submitted a while ago on this topic, do you have a link to that enhancement request we can tie to this one?

Thanks!
    Dani

• I believe this is the related idea.

@RobynLinden Let me know if this captures your idea so we can merge the two in to one idea.

If not we will keep them separate.

Thanks!

Dani

• Sorry, nope. That seems like a different topic, I don't have that issue but I dont' generally have multiple drill layers. It does seem related in that it creates a unique URL for the drill -- which I udnerstand, but we sitll need a way to connect that to the primary card when encountering it from admin settings.

Broadway + Data
  • Mine is in reference to the drill path names when they are created. We found an issue when they main card and the drill path card have the same name. 

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Drill-Path-Names/idi-p/3101

• Thanks for submitting the idea @RobynLinden.  Assigning to our product manager @michaelf for review.

•  @RobynLinden thanks for the feedback. We are addressing this in our new admin center so that you won't confuse drill paths for cards any longer. Do you feel seeing the drill path in the admin center provides any value at all? Thanks!

• @michaelf Yes, if you look at the images I shared -- if there is some kind of symbol or text in the "VIEW FROM ADMIN MENU" image I posted that would solve this problem. I would not delete a card if I were going through cards via Admin and saw that symbol/indicator.

On a related note, I still think that cards viewed on the page level sould have a symbol to incidate that they have drills. The front end user doesn't know this unless there is a reminder in the card description and they hover and read that text.

Broadway + Data
  • Ok, thanks very much @RobynLinden for the feedback. I'll work with the team to figure out the best way to go about this. Thanks!

• We agree with Robyn on this.

Seeing an icon on the card indicating there is a drill path would be helpful

and

noting under Admin>Cards that the card is either a parent (wouldn't need called out) or a drill path(would like it to be called out) would be very beneficial. Example: i have 5 cards, each with one level of a drill path that is unique to the parent. Admin>Cards shows that as 10 cards, even though the only way to get to the drill is via the parent. When going in for card maintenance, it can be difficult to manage the difference between cards and drill paths.

One additional thought would be to list the drill paths associated with the card in the card management page as well. 

This discussion has been closed.