Goal in scatter plot

Goal only comes in some charts. Having a goal line in the scatter plot would help in benchmarking the values to create a comparision.

3 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @njain. I am assigning to our product manager @Gavatar to review and comment.

• njain we have in testing a new feature called scale markers. These can be used as goal lines or goal ranges and work on scatter plots. These will go into beta next month and hopefully release shortly after that.

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

• In the meantime, you can add a quadrant line on the X or Y axis on a Bubble Chart. The Bubble Chart will appear the same as a Scatter Plot if you do not include a field as a Size. The Quadrant Line will act similar to a Goal line on other charts. Hope this helps as a short term fix!

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Florida 🟣

@Gavatar the solution you suggested with the scale markers still does not apply for some cases. I have a card where I am using scale markers to show data points within a specific range, I would like to have a goal line to represent what our goal is within that specific range. Currently the only way to do that, atleast what I found, is to set a goal line while it is a line chart and then change it to a scatter plot. This causes issues though as I cannot changed the goal line unless I change it back to a line chart. 

This discussion has been closed.