Update DomoMetrics more frequently

It would be very useful if DomoMetrics would update more frequently than once every 24 hours (or if we could adjust the update schedule ourselves in the Data Center).  A couple of use cases: 

1. The VP of Operations walks in and wants to discuss a card he's been working on this morning. He hasn't "shared" it outside of his login and can't necessarily remember what he named it since he's played around with several cards.  It would be great to be able to open a "Cards by User" card, drill down to the VP, and see his owned cards sorted by "Last Viewed."  (We can do this currently, but the data is a day old.)
  2. We have alerts built to notify us when new cards are created (for training/auditing/quality control purposes).  Again, the data is a day old.  It would be nice to be able to keep up with the flow of new cards throughout the day rather than playing catch-up.
2 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Have you seen the Activity Log page in the Admin settings?

It has an up to date list of all activities: creation, view, edit, buzz, login, etc.  Pretty much anything you'd want to search and find will be there.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Where in the Admin settings?  Here's what I'm seeing (no Activity Log).

Capture.JPG

• Activity Log may be a beta feature, and it would appear as a new item below Company Settings.  Ask your sales rep or Support to see if you can get it turned on.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @Sandra. I am assigning to our product manager @miken12r to review and comment.

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

• Sandra
    Sandra ⚪️

Thanks @btm, but I think this is probably mostly solved (if not toally solved?) by the revamp of the Cards section in the Admin panel.  Now we can see and sort by most recently viewed cards by user there.  It would still be nice to see updated metrics like number of users logging in, etc. on a more frequent basis - but not as crucial now that the card viewing piece is solved!  

**Editing to add @miken12r

• We do plan to create a better solution for Domo Metrics, but for now, our new features in cards and pages management should help you with your specific use cases. Scheduled alerts is also being updated, so stay tuned! 

Mike

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

• I would like for the dataset last update date to be updated hourly! We use that to identify to users when excel datasources have been updated since there is no automation to Ticketmaster (without paying an incredibly expensive fee). We upload items every morning and hours later the datasources Domo Metrics dataset is FINALLY updated. 

This discussion has been closed.