Multiple Summary Numbers

I've been working with this solution to beefing up my summary #s for about two years: https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Beast-Mode-ETL-Dataflow/How-to-Create-Multiple-Summary-Numbers/m-p/2722/highlight/true#M134

It is, however, a workaround. You have to really work with the beast mode to do a lot of rounding and inserting text strings to get the summary number to display neatly. And once your metric goes from three places to four, ex 999 to 1,000, the whole thing displays wrong.

I would really like to simply choose two metrics to summarize in the menu within card builder. It would be great to chose a separator (ex new line, |, /, ",") and display two numbers with that separator in between, like this:

$1,000 Total Revenue | $100 Average Price

Broadway + Data
Tagged:
10 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @RobynLinden. I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright to review and comment.

• @RobynLinden Hello Robyn - thanks for taking the time to submit this feedback. Yes, multiple summary numbers are on our list of enhancements for cards for many reasons including the one you posted about. 

• I also agree that multiple summary numbers would be extremely helpful.  One idea is to let the user select how many summary numbers they would like, up to four summary numbers (similar to a rectangle being divided into four quadrants -- each quadrant could be a summary number).  This is similar to choosing how many series on the left scale a user wants on the "Line + grouped bar" chart.

• Any traction on this idea yet?  I think this would make a great enhancement.  I would also like to be able to apply conditional formatting to summary numbers.  Possibly have directional indicators or %change available as well

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    “There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________
This discussion has been closed.