Removing help icon in lower left corner

Its incessant, unnecessary, annoying and at times obstructive. Please disable or add a setting to disable this feature.

11 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @Im_Data. I am assigning to our product manager @Bri to review and comment.

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

• @Storey_Evan wrote:

Its incessant, unnecessary, annoying and at times obstructive. Please disable or add a setting to disable this feature.

Thank you for the clear, honest feedback. We hope to get some guide related updates under design. This is an important one to handle.  As I read your post I'm wondering, would you be willing to provide the specific locations that you have found that button to be obstructive, for our review?

• If you are on the edit redshift (or mysql) dataflow screen, the button blocks key features of the page like save and run and the checkmark boxes for auto run settings forcing you to clear it each time

• Yes!!!  It also gets in the way in Magic ETL when you have menus expanded above, and scroll down to expand the last 2 sections. 

Help Button.png

It would be much better to have it up in the black bar by the Domo + Company logos, where nothing else happens. 

Also - I just clicked on it for the first time ever, and the video is so small I can't see anything, and it doesn't expand. The one I looked at was "Rank and window functions in Magic ETL".  I know I can search it in Domo U, but that seems to defeat the purpose of the little tip window.  ? 

Thanks!

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    Check out my video!
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hello,

Has there been any update for this? I know it is now in the bottom-right corner rather than the left now but I still can't find an option to disable the pop-up.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.