Add Alter Table Index to Magic ETL

This is possible in the SQL Data Flow, but would be great if we could perform an Alter Table Index in the Magic ETL. It would enable us to Index on the same field in two or more data sets so that the data flow runs faster. We have users that want to build there own data flows using the Magic ETL that do not have an SQL background. 

Tagged:
10 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @nruts36. I am assigning to our product manager@StevenC to review and comment.

• @nruts36  Thanks for this great suggestion.  We've logged this issue for reference as we continue to build and improve our Magic ETL solution.  Having more visibility into and control over the tables used in the DataFlow would be great.  Thanks again!

• @StevenC

Is there currently any automatic indexing on ETLs? If so can you share a link to how this works in the background. I notice that ETL do some indexing at the end of the transform. I'm not sure if that is due to an existing index found on an input or a randomly selected date range. Understanding this a bit more would be great. Thanks, Rgds, 

K.

This discussion has been closed.