MySQL Dataflow: Ability to easily select columns from tables

One of the best features of Beast modes is that you can easily find what columns you have as you may not know the exact names of each column. It would be great if we had this same feature like most DBadmin tools that you could type "table_name." and it would autosuggest all columns of the table. We used to have this feature, but Domo Support has informed me that you have removed the feature. As someone that uses MySQL very frequently, it can easily double or triple the amount of time that it takes to write MySQL dataflows that involve multiple datasets/transforms. It seems that most of my time recently involves looking back at tables for the names of columns than actually writting SQL and figuring out how to write the dataflow.

I mentioned this feature here before on the Dojo. https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Domo-Best-Practices/Did-you-know-SQL-dataflow-tip/m-p/22663#M128

Personally, this was one of the most time saving features that Domo has ever implemented. Is there hope that this will be brought back?

7 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @mlb@. I am assigning to our product manager@StevenC to review and comment.

This discussion has been closed.