Change Move / Copy to Something Else as Users Confuse it with Save As...

It's in the training and made clear many times but people still default to using Move / Copy when they really wish to use Save As.. to make a unique unshared version of an existing card. You can't blame them as Copy makes sense.

7 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @frwern01. I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright to review and comment.

• I would like to suggest "Move/Mirror" as an alternative to "Move/Copy".  I think it makes it clearer that you are propogating.  "Move/Propogate" may work, too.  It would be good if the word and language in the dialog box made it clear that a change in one location will appear in the other location(s), as well. 

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    Check out my video!
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @frwern01 Yes, this has come up before we do have plans to make this change. 

• "Mirror" is a good idea.

Personally, I use the terminology, "Clone Card" when I describe the "Move/Copy" command to new users.

• Has there been any work on this since I submitted in August. We have more and more people making the Copy mistake.

This discussion has been closed.