Make Web Forms really usable by end users
There are a lot of use cases where a small dataset need to be entered and maintained by 1 or more end users. While this could be done using Excel/SHeets there are a number of reasons why an end user interface for editing a web form would be more useful:
- Charts are updated as soon as the web form is updated.
- Its simpler for the user to understand when there is something on the page they edit that immedaitely updates the charts.
- A webform could be more robust and sustainable than uploading spreadsheets, e.g., correct data types, column names, deal with multiple updates, central management of the format/types etc etc.
I'm proposing a gadget that provides an interface to edit web forms that can be placed on any page. This would:
- Display the web form data and allow it to be added to or updated. This could be the current web form UI.
- Enforces the dataset's column types, i.e., number vs string, so data entered by the user matches the dataset and doesn't change the dataset type.
- Enforce optional column validations, e.g., is less than 100, or one of "A", "B", "C" (think Excel/GSheets)
- Enforce filters (like in a Chart) so only matching rows are shown, e..g, rows assocaited with this page/collection. When adding new rows or updating current rows, the contents of the filtered column should be validated agasint the filters and must match.
- Support ad-hoc, user set filtering and sorting (like in Sumo), so the user can work on just a sub set.
- Apply optional formatting to the columns, i.e., number or percent, 2 decimal places etc
- Enforce PDP, i.e., user can only see data they are permitted to see.
- Optional aggrigations, i.e., total or count at the bottom of the form
In short, think of a subset of Excel/GSheets featured when used for simple data entry of a table.
- 10.8K All Categories
- 3 Private Company Board
- 1 APAC User Group
- 12 Welcome
- 38 Domo News
- 9.7K Using Domo
- 1.9K Dataflows
- 2.5K Card Building
- 2.2K Ideas Exchange
- 1.2K Connectors
- 343 Workbench
- 258 Domo Best Practices
- 11 Domo Certification
- 464 Domo Developer
- 50 Domo Everywhere
- 104 Apps
- 714 New to Domo
- 85 Dojo
- 1.1K 日本支部
- 4 道場-日本支部へようこそ
- 26 お知らせ
- 64 Kowaza
- 299 仲間に相談
- 653 ひらめき共有