DOMO Search Function

Within the DOMO UI, when employing the Search feature (upper right, on the main menu bar), it seems to default to looking at Card TITLES and DomoBuzz discussions.  Would be very helpful if the Search could also target PAGES, SUBPAGES, Dimensions, Beast Mode calcs, and Card Content (particularly SUMO and Table cards).  

If we created a Table Card to function as an online glossary (data dictionary) for users of our DOMO instance, it would be helpful for a user to be able to search for a term and find all other locations where that term was present.

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
**Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
Tagged:
7 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• I'd like to add tags or categories to all card.

and assign the information for users or function .

ex:

users: Finance Department 

functions: sales of goods

• One of the big requests from every department I work with.

• Thank you for your suggestion.  This has been submitted to our engineering team through ticket DOMO-43056.

• @MitchyMitch8 can you please take a look at this?

•  Great suggestion! I was about to post the idea. We were struggling to find the best way to provide a data dictionnary to users when I found your idea...

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

@ckatzman & @ManseauN - thanks for the great suggestions.  We definitely hope to make the search tool more valuable by bringing in more areas like Pages and I love the idea of including additional information like Card content, Beast Modes, etc.

I'd love to see if you'd be willing to take some time to offer some feedback on some concepts we've been working on.

Thanks again for the suggestion and insight.

• @btm @ManseauN Happy to help.  Just PM me when you are ready and we can setup some time to talk, and ok with a joint conf call if you want to set it up that way.

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • @btm please send me an invite to this as well.

Thanks!
    Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
This discussion has been closed.