Dashboard Maintenance at scale - six sub-pages, 100 cards, one publication group.
I manage a dashboard for my client. My client has access to the dashboard via publication group. My client has access to a dashboard via publication group. The client has six marketing programs. Each program uses the same marketing channels. We need to report on the marketing performance for each program, and so we have six sub-pages (one for each program).
Each sub-page has collections which report on Email, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Adwords. Each collection has 5-8 cards, for a total of ~20 cards per sub-page and ~100 cards for the entire dashboard.
What is the most efficient way for me, the dashboard owner, to manage and maintain these six sub-pages with 100 cards?
Example use cases for the dashboard owner:
- I need to change the drilldown for the Open Rate card.
- I need to change the axis title for the LinkedIn Conversions card.
- I need to add a new card to the Facebook collection.
- I need to add a new Related Card for the Email Deliver Rate card.
- I need to add a quick filter to every card in the Email collection.
In each of these cases, I want to make the change once and have it propogate to the same cards on each of the six sub-pages. How can I do this?
1) Page-level filters: I created a template of my collections & cards. Then I used "Move / Copy" to copy the card to each of the sub-pages. The idea being I could just change the template and it would automatically propogate to the sub-pages. Page-level filters would be used to sub-set the data for a single The sub-setting of data for each sub-page was done with page-level filters. This approach fails because page-level filters cannot be pre-defined for publication groups.
- 10.7K All Categories
- 13 Getting Started in the Community
- 39 Beastmode & Analytics
- 2.1K Data Platform & Data Science
- 59 Domo Everywhere
- 2.7K Charting
- 2.5K Ideas Exchange
- 1.3K Connectors
- 362 Workbench
- 303 Use Cases & Best Practices
- 503 APIs
- 119 Apps
- 48 News
- 753 Onboarding
- 1.2K 日本支部
- Private Company Board