Ability to use both rows and columns in matrix format in online forms

It would be nice to be able to use both rows and column format at the same time in a matrix style. An example would be a row layout with categoire and column layout with dates and then dollar amounts inside the matrix. This would mimic the functionality of a data chart in a power point or excel to create both a vertical and horizontal axis.

6 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @nick_datasift. I am assigning to our product manager @JSharp to review and comment.

• Hi @nick_datasift, Can you give me another example? I'm not sure I understand the use case here. Thanks!

• I have upvoted. I think this is a request for a crosstab. So we can see rows aswell as columns of information rather than just columns only.

An example would be where you have three 'spend' categories Advertising, Sales and Promotion and you want to know the spend of each one against the column 'country' using the value 'This Year'.

So one column would be 'country' (e.g. France, Germany, etc) and the next would be rows showing spend (e.g. A, S & P), but the value displayed would be 'This Year'.

• Thanks @Matthew_Small!

FYI I believe @nick_datasift changed compaines and is no longer in Dojo.

@CC@JSharp @btm

• Hey I'd like to display data in a matrix format as well.

For instance, having sales to quota information by month with each row being a different salesperson, each column being a different date aggregate (week, month, quarter, year, etc) and putting multiple values in such as showing sales, quota, and percent to quota for Salesperson A for each month.

• @JSharp

Can yiou take a look at this one?

Thanks!
    Dani

This discussion has been closed.