Bringing in Data Efficiently from Excel (multiple documents and sheets)
I have a set of about 25 excel documents, each with 7 sheets with data on them. I have a few questions about this, as this sort of problem is common in what I've been having issues with, but in a few different ways.
1. Is there a way assuming all the data is formatted the same on each sheet and document, to input all of it at once? (I really don't want to create 175 connections, one for every sheet and every document)
2. If the data is the same in each excel document (uniform across all 25 documents), but different on each sheet, is there a way to still bring it in and combine it together? What is the most efficient way to do this? (Meaning I would end up with a different dataset in Domo for each sheet, essentially 7 total datasets, combine the 25 documents by sheet)
3. In a similar problem, in which every excel document is the same (uniform documents). But each sheet (5 or so sheets) is a set of about 5 to 25 answers, that has been sent out to over 100 people to fill out. I was hoping that I could set up a way, to build a dataset, that combines each excel into a single row of data, with the responses from all of the sheets for that person's response. Essentially just trying to aggregate all of the data from the survey. What is the most efficient way to accomplish this?
Thank you so much for any direction you can give me on these, I've spent hours and hours trying to figure it out.
- 10.7K All Categories
- 13 Getting Started in the Community
- 31 Beastmode & Analytics
- 2.1K Data Platform & Data Science
- 59 Domo Everywhere
- 2.7K Charting
- 2.4K Ideas Exchange
- 1.3K Connectors
- 362 Workbench
- 301 Use Cases & Best Practices
- 500 APIs
- 118 Apps
- 48 News
- 753 Onboarding
- 1.1K 日本支部
- Private Company Board