Beast Mode Saving Confusion Improvement

When you write a Beast Mode calculation and click validate and save, if correct, a green "Saved!" shows. This leads you to believe your calculation is saved but you have to click "Done" afterwards for it to actually save. On a number of occasions this has caused myself and coworkers losing the work by either x-ing out of the box or jumping to another page. It would make more sense for it to actually save at the point when it says saved.

11 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• If it's not possible to both save and validate a Beast Mode calculation at the same time, I'd at least prefer to have a pop up ask me "Are you sure you want to exit Beast Mode?" then deal with the frustration of losing an hour of coding.

• Thank you for your suggestion.  This has been submitted to our engineering team through ticket DOMO-43000.

• @StevenC can you take a look at this please?

• @CantStopTheHopp Thanks for this feedback. We are looking into this idea. Question for you, if you're creating a new card, and you create & save a new beast mode with out saving it to the data set but decide not to save the card, where would you expect to find this Beast Mode you created? 

• @ckwright I suppose I wouldn't expect that Beast Mode to be anywhere since if I didn't check the "Share Calculation on DataSet" box, then it probably wasn't something I wanted to reuse. Though I could see that also being something an "Are you sure..." kind of dialog box could help prevent.

So if I were to create a new card, then create a new Beast Mode without sharing it on the dataset, I could see value in a dialog box popping up when I hit "Cancel" that says, "Are you sure you want to cancel without saving this card? The following Beast Mode calculations are not shared with the dataset and will be deleted."

• @CantStopTheHopp This great feedback, thanks for your insight on a better experience! 

This discussion has been closed.