Make Drill Paths Branch Into Multiple Directions Instead of Direct Paths

It would be extremely useful to have different drill paths for different series in the top level card. For example, being able to click on a country on a world map card and then see the regional data for that country on another map. For another example, if I'm looking at web traffic by channel, I may want to look at keyword data for organic traffic whereas I may want to see individual campaigns within display/paid search/email traffic.

88 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for your suggestion.  This has been submitted to our engineering team through ticket DOMO-47887.

• @Gavatar can you please take a look at this?

• I would second that being able to have more specific control over how drill paths are triggered and what filters they generate on drilled views would be a great way to add a lot of power to what Domo can do with its presentation layer.

For instance, I recently created a stacked bar graph showing how different segments contributing to the total revenue changed over the years. I would love to be able to specify that clicking on a segment zooms in on the changes for that segment, but the current implementation automatically isolates the time bucket instead.

• @Gavatar please have a look at this!

Thanks!
    Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • Thanks for the feedback, we are currently looking into this idea. We strongly agree this would provide strong flexibility to users, where they can drill dynamically into different areas based on results they see on a card. I will provide more information as this feature is being developed. 

•  This would be a great advantage.

• @ckwright any update on this idea?

Thanks!

Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • This is a very helpful feature to have!

• The more we use visualizations with multiple dimensions of data the more frequently we find ourselves "un filtering" after drilling down because the drill down filters the data to the most granular level.  For example: if I drill into the image below Domo will have filtered the visual by the series as well as the category.  

Bar Chart.JPG

In many cases the point of the drill down may be to see the data filtered by only 1 of these dimensions.  Being able to define the behavior of the drill down would greatly increase the ability of the card builder to shape the user story.

• Specifying which filters are applied upon drilldown is a highly desireable feature. Drilldowns are not nearly as useful as they could be without that functionality.

I have many use cases where I show longitudinal data, and I want the end user to drill down into a series. But, the drilldown also applies a filter to look at a particular month, like this:

drilldown.PNG

I want the drill path to only filter on 'minPeriod'. Yes, the end user can remove the 'Month Old' filter, but they should not have to. I, as the developer, should be able to specify which filters are applied.

• DaniBoy
    DaniBoy

domo

💎

@btm

Please review and update this one.

Thanks!
    Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
  • @Wolfram Agreed, having more flexibility and being able to dynamically drill on different metrics from a chart would be extremely helpful for more analysis. This is feature request is on our product radar. 

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @anafziger. I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright to review and comment.

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @bradsafeguard. I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright to review and comment.

• I have a pie where some portion are closed and some open - I need a very different view of closed accounts than open accounts, but currently the drill-path is fixed.  this really needs to be improved.

• @bradsafeguard Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback, please use this ticket to vote on the idea. There are several of these requests on the form. We're definitely going to provide these capabilities in the future.  https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Make-Drill-Paths-Branch-Into-Multiple-Directions-Instead-of/idi-p/3848

• @anafziger Thanks for taking the time to review this feedback. Please use this idea for your request. https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Make-Drill-Paths-Branch-Into-Multiple-Directions-Instead-of/idi-p/3848

• Domo's drill down function is a double edged sword. On one hand, it is one of the more intrigueing functions of domo. On the other hand, the drill down functionality within domo is limited, which is a disswading factor for companies looking to implement throughout an organization. 

Being able to define the behavior of the drill down would greatly increase the ability of the card builder to shape the user story. 

• Can DOMO provide an update on this?

• @DaniBoy @ckwright Can you please provide an update here. I have a several use cases that this is just what we need.

This discussion has been closed.