Assign Security Groups' Permissions Directly To A Data Source

There should be a feature which would allow specific security groups to be assigned directly to a data source. In many cases I have security groups who have view or edit rights across many dashboards(pages) in our institution's instance. I would only want to allow these groups to have edit rights over their own content, not all pages' content. With the ability to edit their own content, they should be able to view, but not edit other group's dashboards.

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this idea.  I am assigning to our product manager @alexpeay for review

• This is a great recommendation. We are working hard on a solution to this problem and will talk about it at the upcoming DomoPalooza with a release of the feature later in the year.

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • Dan,

As we have been working through the sharing model for DataSets we are looking at a few different levels. You mention many of them above:

1.) Owner level access (can do all other things with the DataSet including deletion)

2.) Editor level access (Can change the data, either the schedule or some aspect of the dataset like a different query or report)

3.) Collaborator level access (Can share that data through a card or directly with others)

4.) Consumer level access (can view and interact with the data for their own understanding)

Are there other priveledges that you think would be needed to better enable your interactions with Domo?

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • I would like to add that other's should not be able to edit someone else's card. We are starting to run into this issue with people inadvertantly editing another person's card.

• @JustAGirlyGeek You have the option today to 'lock' a card so that only the Card Owner or a Domo Admin can edit the card. To do this, go to the card detail page and scroll to the bottom, there is a check box there that the owner can check that locks the card.

Let me know if that is what you are looking for.

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • Ahh, yes, thanks @alexpeay!

• One thought @alexpeay, since some organizations might have a page with lots of cards, perhaps have an option to also lock all cards on a given page from being edited in addition to the existing lock for the page? I now realize cards can be restricted one by one, but might be something to consider for ease of administration. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.