Here's How to Embed a Card into a Salesforce using Visual Force and filter the card by AccountID

Did you really figure out how to do this Canio?



And, I'm sharing this with you b/c it's been something that has been bugging me for the better part of 4 years. I appreciate all the help I have gotten from various people to help finally figure it out.  I truly hope this is helpful to you. 


See my reply.

Good luck!!!


Best Answer

  • Canioagain
    Canioagain 🟠
    Answer ✓

    Here is the code you enter into Salesforce Visualforce page.  Feel free to play around with the margin and height.  The below dimensions are for a side column that I found worked for me.   


    A few FYI's that you should take note of. 


    1. Make sure you use the Domo name for the Column you're passing the Saleforce ID value into
    2. Make sure that you use the Saleforce naming convention for Account.ID in Value (or Contact.ID, Opportunity.ID, etc)
    3. What finally worked for me was putting the {! } between the %22  %22 like this: %22{!Account.Id}%22
    4. In the Domo Card I did NOT put the Account ID as a filter.  When I did, the VF code wouldn't work.  



    <apex:page standardController="Account">
    <iframe src=";pfilters=[{"column":"AccountId%22,%22dataType%22:%22STRING%22,%22operand%22:%22IN%22,
    " width="400" height="250" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes"></iframe></apex:page>



    if you aren't sure what the datatype is then you can always press f12 on your browser, go to the Network tab, find a "cards" box,  and expand the filters carrot until you see the data type of the column you want to filter on.

    In this case I looked up AccountId and found it was string.  Don't worry about filterType: "LEGACY", it did nothing for the filtering in visualforce





    Here's what the visualforce code should look like in your SF instance.




    And here's what a card looks like on a lightning page.  In this case it's a smaller card, but I'll play around with the card types now that I have it working