Updating the Radial Gauge to be able to pull Goals and ranges from data fields

Hi,

On the radial gauge, there is the ability to hardcode "Ranges." It would be very helpful to be able to have the ranges pull from fields within the data set.

For instance, I use the radial gauges to show progression toward the sales teams' annual goals.  In each of the first four "ranges" I enter the quarterly goals.  Since I have the quarterly goals in my data set, it would be useful to be able to link the ranges with a field in the data so that I could duplicate the card for different sales teams without having to change the hardcoded ranges. (and it will also be helpful for when we change over to 2016 and have new sales goals)

Thank you,

Nick

12 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for your suggestion.  This has been submitted to our engineering team through ticket DOMO-47885.

• @Gavatar can you take a look at this please?

• Agree. We need to add the ranges as settable from the data.  If we did something like what we have done with the "comparative fill gauge" would that work for you?  Meaning if we added fields to specify the values from the data. Something like: 

range 1 min,

range 1 max,

range 2 min,

range 2 max....

• @Gavatar, certainly sounds like that would work.

Thank you!,

Nick

• Hi @Gavatar

I wanted to check in here to understand if this has been prioritized at all.  I know that enhancements are relatively fluid on the product roadmap, but any rough direction that you could give would be fantastic.

We have a few Directors internally who would love to see this feature in the relatively near future!

Thank you,

Nick

• You are right it is tricky to get all the requests done. I have raised this request to the top of the queue to see what we can get done. Still no timeframe as the development is not yet started.

This discussion has been closed.