Automating getting figures out of a card
We're loading some of our data into Domo from Postgres, and then giving some clients Domo log-ons to explore their data. They're quite happy with this, but sometimes need to extract specific values or results from a Sumo or API card to forward on to their boss or colleagues. In plenty of cases, the target user does not want and would not use a Domo logon, so we need to send numbers.
To be clear: The issue here isn't primarily about cost. If we had an infinite license for users, these (important) people would still not want to deal with the raw pages, they only want a few numbers in a different format.
I can write queries from scratch against the original Postgres data to replicate the results, but this is problematic in several ways:
* Beast modes in Domo don't exist in the source database.
* Filters have to be reviewed and replicated as where clauses.
* I'm not always finding the figures agree exactly when they ought to.
* There's no connection between the card and my query, so card changes cannot flow through to my query. Redundant (read "inconsistent") logic always ends in tears.
The ideal would be to pull the data from the card using Domo's CardAPI. But there is no such API. There is a DataSet API, but that's not going to help. Apart from Beast Modes, we already have the data, we need the figures from the card.
Another option is Domo Everywhere/Embed, but you need a Domo logon to get at table view and filters....so that defeats the purpose.
So far as I can tell, the only Domo-native option we've got is to manually export a card and then craft an email to match. Sometimes, we need to do aggregations not found in the original, like roll up data into two week intervals with week numbers not based on a January 1 calendar. We need the figures from the card.
I did look at the scheduled reports but, again, no raw numbers - just an image with a link to the source page. (The scheduled reports are pretty nice, they just aren't a good match for this problem.)
Is there some way of automating getting figures out of a card, as configured? And, to make life simpler, we use KPI and Sumo cards. The options for Sumo cards appear to be more limited.
- 7.3K All Categories
- 13 Getting Started in the Community
- 141 Beastmode & Analytics
- 1.8K Data Platform & Data Science
- 54 Domo Everywhere
- 2K Charting
- 1K Ideas Exchange
- 902 Connectors
- 236 Workbench
- 342 APIs
- 77 Apps
- 19 Governance & Productivity
- 234 Use Cases & Best Practices
- 50 News
- 473 Onboarding
- 572 日本支部