Spine Chart Tutorial
Spine charts split a single value into 2 contrasting components (e.g. Male/Female).
How to build in Analyzer:
- Select 'Horizontal Bar' under 'Popular Charts' as the Chart Type
- Create Calculated Field named '-National Count'
(CASE WHEN Gender = 'F' THEN -SUM(National Count) ELSE SUM(National Count) END)
- Drag '-National Count' to X-Axis
- Drag 'Name' into 'Y Axis'
- Drag 'Gender' into 'Series'
- Turn on Tooltips. Drag 'National Count' into 'Tooltip Field 1'
- In Chart Properties, configure the following:
- General -> Sort on Totals: Descending
- Gridlines -> 'Hide Gridlines' checked
- Gridlines -> 'Remove Min/Max/Avg Lines' checked
- Data Label Settings -> Text as
- Data Label Settings -> Position: Inside Right
- Data Label Settings -> 'Use Scale Format' checked
- Data Label Settings -> 'Use Scale Abbreviation' checked
- Value Scale (X) -> Show Label as 'Never'
- Hover Text Settings -> Hover Text as
%_CATEGORY_NAME | %_SERIES_NAME : %_TOOLTIP1
- 10.6K All Categories
- 13 Getting Started in the Community
- 30 Beastmode & Analytics
- 2.1K Data Platform & Data Science
- 59 Domo Everywhere
- 2.7K Charting
- 2.4K Ideas Exchange
- 1.3K Connectors
- 362 Workbench
- 300 Use Cases & Best Practices
- 499 APIs
- 118 Apps
- 48 News
- 753 Onboarding
- 1.1K 日本支部
- 4 Private Company Board