Surplus/Deficit Chart Tutorial
The shaded area of these the surplus/deficit chart allows a balance to be shown – either against a baseline or between two series.
How to build in Analyzer:
- Select 'Bar' under 'Popular Charts' as the Chart Type
- Create Calculated Field named 'Positive Value':
(CASE WHEN Value >0 THEN 'Surplus' ELSE 'Deficit' END)
- Create Calculated Field Named 'Value Label'
(CASE WHEN Value >0 THEN CONCAT('+',ROUND(SUM(Value),1)) ELSE CONCAT(ROUND(SUM(Value),1)) END)
- Drag 'Date' into 'X Axis'
- Drag 'Value' into 'Y Axis'
- Turn on Tooltips. Drag 'Value Label' into 'Tooltip Field 1'
- In Chart Properties, configure the following:
- General -> Sort on Totals: Descending
- Gridlines -> Zero Line Width: 1
- Gridlines -> 'Remove Min/Max/Avg Lines' checked
- Data Label Settings -> Text as
- Data Label Settings -> Position: Center
- Data Label Settings -> 'Use Scale Format' checked
- Data Label Settings -> 'Use Scale Abbreviation' checked
- Value Scale (X) -> Show Label as 'Never'
- Hover Text Settings -> Hover Text as
%_CATEGORY_NAME: %_SERIES_NAME (%_TOOLTIP1)
- 10.6K All Categories
- 13 Getting Started in the Community
- 29 Beastmode & Analytics
- 2.1K Data Platform & Data Science
- 59 Domo Everywhere
- 2.7K Charting
- 2.4K Ideas Exchange
- 1.3K Connectors
- 362 Workbench
- 300 Use Cases & Best Practices
- 499 APIs
- 118 Apps
- 48 News
- 753 Onboarding
- 1.1K 日本支部
- 4 Private Company Board