Publish: Warn when refreshing a publication with a new card where the dataset is not shared
That's a mouthful, but I'm not sure how to accurately say it in fewer words.
It's possible to add a card to a publication and refresh that publication without sharing the dataset the card it based on. This will break the dashboard layout in subscriber instances.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a dashboard layout.
2. Create a publication for that layout and share this to a subscriber instance (while doing this you are required to share the datasets powering the cards).
3. Add a card to the dashboard publication that uses a different dataset, one that is not already shared in the publication.
4. Refresh the publication.
The card (and sometimes other cards, if they were added at the same time) will drop out of position in the dashboard and will be displayed in the Appendix in the SUBSCRIBER instance (see 'instance admin' and 'instance participant' frames in the attached image)
Expected behavior: The user should be warned that the dataset required to power the card has not been shared.
- 7.3K All Categories
- 13 Getting Started in the Community
- 137 Beastmode & Analytics
- 1.8K Data Platform & Data Science
- 52 Domo Everywhere
- 2K Charting
- 997 Ideas Exchange
- 899 Connectors
- 236 Workbench
- 342 APIs
- 76 Apps
- 19 Governance & Productivity
- 233 Use Cases & Best Practices
- 49 News
- 473 Onboarding
- 572 日本支部