Adding Card Descriptions to Card Details View

At the page level, the card description entered by the card's creator is visibile when a user hovers over a card, but when the card is clicked on and the user is taken into the card itself, the description is no longer visibile. It would be very helpful to, at the card level, be able to potentially hover over the card's title and still have the ability to view the card's description.  (This is a REPOST from tmrichards)

23 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Great suggestion! Currently, when you click into a card, the option to see the description is still available by clicking on the 'i'  information icon next to the card title. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Is it possible to make the description permanent like a header note so user doesn't have to hover or click on the i icon?

• Although the 'i' is there, it would be nice to display the card description on a hover as having to click on it is not intuitive since it appears on a hover at the page level.

• @ckwright is out product manager over this area.  He will take a look at this and respond.  Thank you for the suggestion.

• @ckwright have a look please.

Thanks!

Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • Thanks for this feedback. We will look further into this idea and look at different solutions to solve this problem. 

• I think the Description field is very useful, and I like that it pops up when you hover over a card at the page level.

However, it overrides showing the complete title of the card, and for cards with longer titles it can make navigation more difficult. 

I would like the hover to show BOTH the card name, and the description. Right now if I have a description the only way to help the card name show up clearly is to enlarge the card size on the page, which I do not want to do due to the volume of cards and collections on my page.

Example of card whose title gets cut off (It is actually "Revenue By Season By Type / [name of city]", and whose description overrides showing the full title on hover:

Capture.PNG

I would like the hover to say something like:

Revenue by Season by Type / [name of city] -- Drill in to see data broken out by Show. Includes only CLOSED engagements.

or

Revenue by Season by Type / [name of city] Drill in to see data broken out by Show. Includes only CLOSED engagements.

or

Revenue by Season by Type / [name of city] NOTE: Drill in to see data broken out by Show. Includes only CLOSED engagements.

Hoping this is an easy enhancement to make!

Broadway + Data
  • Very much agree that having the card description show when the card is in display mode would be very beneficial. 

• I agree with this.  I would like the title to wrap so it can be viewed in full from the preview.  I use alot of long titles with the same verbage in the beginning, so it's hard to tell cards apart in the preview.  

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @RobynLinden. I am assigning to our product manager @product_John to review and comment.

• Thanks @RobynLinden.  I'm going to move this over to our card team @ckwright to review this request.

• Any update on when there will be more room in the title box, or the ability to display the description on the card without hovering?

This discussion has been closed.