Rearrange Transitions in MySQL Dataflow

The ability to rearange transitions via drag and drop.  Sometimes we determine a better order to run the transitions.  In order to move them we have to create new ones and use copy and past.  Another side effect of this is any increase to the time out that needed to be set get reset causing us delays waiting on support.

14 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this idea.  Our product manager for this area is @mattchandler and he will take time to respond.

• Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • Hi @Colin, thanks for the great feedback! We have some improvements around this area on our roadmap—I'll reach out if I have any follow-up questions.

Best,

Matt Chandler

Product Manager, Domo

Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • tc
    tc 🟡

I'd like the ability to reorder the MySQL transformations so I can insert a step in the desired position.

Usecase:

When working through MySQL Dataflows with large datasets, I sometimes get timeouts.  I then work on adding a transformation that will help to optomize the flow of data, but want to place these steps at the beginning of the workflow.  To do this I have to delete every step and rework them or copy paste the step contents on down to allow for the new steps to be in the right place.

• I'm running into the same issue. 

Either enable us to move the transform statements up and downto re-order them, or access to the script directly so we can do it there. 

Usability issues like this make it more difficult for me to sell others in our organization on the value of Domo, which I think is a pretty good tool so far (I've used it about 3 months). 

• Thank you for submitting this @tc.  I am assigning to our product manager @mattchandler for review.

• Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • This is great feedback—I'll get it added to our roadmap.

Best,

Matt Chandler

Product Manager, Domo

Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • I am facing the same problem; any updates on this yet?

• No, no updates we can share yet @sufficingsoup, but we greatly appreciate the feedback.

Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • Hello @DaniBoy, can this thread be merged with https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Rearrange-Transitions-in-MySQL-Dataflow/idi-p/7689 ?  Also, can the votes from the two threads be added together?

• Ideas have now been merged together, @CdrMarks thanks for the heads up on this one!

Regards,

Dani

• Has there been any action take on this?  having to delete and recreate the transform statements just because I want to insert an index transform at the beginning is a pretty big pain.

Jeff

• @mattchandler

Any update on this idea?

Thanks!

Dani

• @StevenC is now the product manager over DataFlows and would be the best person to give an update

Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • @Jeffsnake and @DaniBoy we are currently looking into some improvements for the SQL editing experience in Domo DataFlows.  Although this isn't fixed currently to allow for a transform to be inserted earlier, it is something we are considering.  I understand the frustration that can come from wanting to add another transform without recreating them all in the DataFlow.  We'll definitely review this closely with future improvements.

• Thanks guys!

Appreciate the update on this one.

Regards,

Dani

• This thread has been around for nearly 3 years.  Is this the kind of response to enhancements that should be expected?  I see features added all the time that seem to target only a subset of users but this one seems it can greatly help all users that build SQL transforms.  How has this not been prioritized higher?

This discussion has been closed.