Adding notes to a chart

Similar with Google Analytics, it would be very useful to be able to add notes to a chart. We can annotate campaigns and anomolies and data merging points etc.

02-annotations.png

144 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this idea.  We have informed our engineering department of the request through ticket # DOMO-39271.  This is an internal designation for ticketing so I will update this thread with any changes to the ticket status.

• @StevenC can you take a look at this please?

• @Gavatar can you please take a look at this?

• I LOVE this idea

• I've had this request repeatedly from my users. Please try to make this happen!

Broadway + Data
  • Thanks for this great idea! This idea is under further review with our development teams. Keep the great ideas coming @jeaninejiang!

• Thanks for the request, this feature is on our product road map. I will provide more information once officially approved and the related timing for a possible release.

• @betogess Thanks for this feedback, Annotations for charts is on our product road map. Thanks!  

• This is a great idea. We are just getting started in tracking how our digital marketing efforts impact website traffic and the feature described above would be a huge time saver.

• Thank you for submitting this idea.  I am assigning this to our product manager @ckwright for review.

• Thanks for the feedback, we have another post about annotations on charts. We have this feature on our roadmap. 

• @btm @product_John @ckwright

Please provide an update on this highly requested feature.

Thanks!

• We will add the votes from this idea to the original here

• There are many times I either will either forget to write my version notes while saving, or even worse - find out an unintended side effect of a change after I've saved and exited from editing the dataflow.

As opposed to opening, resaving (with no changes) to add sufficient annotation, I'd love to just be able to edit the notes after the fact. This could enable more collaboration on leaving notes about the versions too since a change to one dataflow could impact datasets owned by separate people, or just have an unintended side effect that is important to note.

• Any updates on this?  This seems like it should be a core item, being able to call-out specific historical events.  

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • @ckatzman thanks for checking in on this!

I believe we are finally making progress on this. @Gavatar is the current owner.

Please provide everyone an update on this highly sought after feature..

Thanks!
    Dani

• Still no update on this? :(

• @Gavatar

Where are with this idea?

Thanks!

Dani

• Any updates yet? @Gavatar @DaniBoy

• It is in process. Here is an example.  Once you start using it you get hooked. The goal is to ship this soon after Palooza.

annotation example.PNG

• Thanks @Gavatar

This is welcomed news!!!! Let me know when we have it in Beta so I can update the status to implemented.

• Any information on how this will work with PDPs?  The notes I want to put on the card I'd only want for certain permissions.  Glad to see this being implemented, the sample looks really good.

• hi is there any update on when this will be rolled out? it would solve a lot of problems! thanks

• @Gavatar

Is this in production now?

Thanks!
    Dani

• This is released to several environments now and the rest should be turned on tonight.

Have fun with this great feature. 

• This is in production now!

This discussion has been closed.