Ability to subscribe users or groups to an alert

Currently a user can follow an alert but there is no way to create an alert and push it to a user or group of users.  For example I have created alerts based on data latency and I want business owners to be able to get the alert and the only I can do that is ask them to follow versus push it to them.

Please give me a thumbs up or mark as solution if this helped thanks! @anotherdatageek
32 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• This would be beneficial for us. We have to notify them now and let them know that an alert is available.  

• Thank you for your suggestion.  This has been submitted to our engineering team through ticket # DOMO-37778

• @MitchyMitch8can you take a look at this please?  

• @product_John, any word on whether this will make it onto the enhancement list for an upcoming release?  This would be a very popular enhancement for my organization.

Thanks!

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • @ckatzman - going to reassign this to a new PM that has taken over responsibility for this area.

@mdelorey can you please take a look at this request.

• @ckatzman we are working on some of these features right now, and i have some questions for you about the specific implementation we're considering. would you be available to have a call to talk through some of your use cases and our proposed solutions?

Retired Domo Alum
  • @mdelorey  Sure, happy to help.  If you'd like to setup a call for Tues Dec 22, available most of the day.  Please also include @Shevy.  You can probably find both of our email addresses in our Dojo profiles (or I can forward appt request if you only find mine).  Otherwise, please contact Brody Barker (Domo Acct Mgr) for contact information so I don't have to post publicly.  Smiley Surprised

If another day/date works better, please reach out and let's coordinate directly via email or phone.

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • Currently there is a way of subscribing myself to alerts, but not a way of subscribing others. Users under a specific user role (perhaps privileged) may be able to assign groups or individuals to receive alerts . One example is if I want my team to see cards I built to detect data errors, I could create the alert and point it towards the group I made under Admin Settings.

• Current functionality allows a user to select "notify me" on alerts they (or others) have created. 

It would be useful if you could assign alerts to others in your team. For example, if I create an alert, I would like for it to notify me as well as everyone on my team. Rather than having each of my team members indiviudally sign in and select "notify me", it might be easier if I can select who all should be notified when the alert is triggered. 

If notifying someone else when an alert is triggered is not supportable, another idea would be to "suggest an alert". This is to suggest an alert to other users, where they will get an email in their inbox showing that I have recommended/suggested that they get notified when a particular alert is triggered. Then they are still able to log in and select "notify me" (current functionality), but there is a mechnism for them to know that they should also be keeping track of a particular alert. 

Thanks in advance! 

• mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

Retired Domo Alum
  • mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

@Dan: is it possible your idea here is the same as this idea: http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/Ability-to-subscribe-users-or-groups-to-an-alert/idi-p/1508

if not, let me know how your idea/needs here differ so i can capture that. otherwise, you should upvote that other idea and we'll close this one as a duplicate.

cc/ @DaniBoy @product_John

Retired Domo Alum
  • DaniBoy
    DaniBoy

domo

💎

This appears to be a duplicate idea which can be found here. Please be sure to visit and vote this idea up.

Thanks!
    Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • DaniBoy
    DaniBoy

domo

💎

@MitchyMitch8 @product_John there was a duplicate idea to this one that was approved, yet this one is still listed as submitted. Please update the staus on this idea to approved.

Thanks!

Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

Retired Domo Alum
  • mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

@nonieg: thanks for submitting this idea! i'm the product manager for alerts at domo. alert sharing is something that is high up on our priority list. can i reach out to you to include you in beta/usability tests for this feature?

i'm also curious if you feel like this idea is different than this idea. if so, can you clarify how? if not, we'll close this one as a duplicate and request that you upvote the other idea.

cc/ @DaniBoy

Retired Domo Alum
  • mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

Retired Domo Alum
  • @mdelorey this is the same idea as the other idea you have linked. We can mark this as a duplicate. 

Great! Glad to hear this is high priority. I would love to be able to beta this feature. Let me know what I have to do to get on the list. 

Thanks! 

• mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

thanks, @nonieg. you're officially on the list of interested users for testing this feature ? i'll be in touch.

Retired Domo Alum
  • Can't wait to have this function. I am not saying the executive is IT dumb. As an Domo admin, I just need a way to push alerts to them.

• Hey @mdelorey, I'd be interested in this as well. I see from the other thread that this hasn't gotten much traction recently - can I be included in the test as well?

• mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

@Yehonatan: DM me your info (name, company, email), and I will do what I can to get you into the test. We've already conducted a couple rounds of usability testing. The feature is under active development, and we'll to enter beta soon.

Make sure to upvote the other thread so we can capture your interest there as well.

Retired Domo Alum
  • Done and done. 

Thanks!

• This feature has been approved and is currently in development.

Retired Domo Alum
  • Are there any updates on this enhancement?  This would be super beneficial across the board to have the ability to assign alerts to other users.

Thanks!

• @btm did this feature go live last week? If not what is the ETA?
    Thanks!

Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
  • This feature is now available in open beta. Please private message me to have it enabled in your instance. Did those who have hired the idea of commented, I will reach out to you about onboarding into the beta.
    Retired Domo Alum
  • mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

Marking this as a duplicate of https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Ability-to-subscribe-users-or-groups-to-an-alert/idi-p/1508.

This feature is currently available in beta. DM markdelorey for early access.

Retired Domo Alum
This discussion has been closed.