Overhaul Goals - Build true Exception Management
Goals, as they are today, are great, but they only cover the basics of what's needed for exception management. We'd like to see a true exception management platform (below I'll use the terms "goals" and "exceptions" interchangeably). To build an exception management platform, we'd love to see the following features:
- Admin-managed goals: It's great that individual users can set alerts for themselves, but, for us to publish process out across our organization, we need a way to administratively set goals on some of our cards for all users (or, even better, a subset of users based on Groups in Domo).
- Goal Tiers: Not all exceptions are created equal. We're in the apartment business. If a marketing source dips for a day, I may not even want an email. If an apartment burns down, then I want a text message to wake people up at night. Specifically, I'd look for the ability to assign a priority to a goal and for there to be per-priority notification settings (notifications in-app only, email, text, etc.).
- Exception Acknowledgement: Build in a way for an end-user to acknowledge that they have received notification of a goal. This is particularly useful for some goals for which a fix isn't immediately visible in short-term data. Acknowledging an exception is the same as a user saying, "I'm on it." The reason behind acknowledgement comes next...
- Exception Management Reporting: Build an automatically updated data source of users, their exceptions (and associated exception/goal tier), and the user's acknowledgement record. Built out with the features above, this gives us a fantastic way to build task prioritization into decentralized process and to report on which users consistently do (or don't) follow up on exceptions.
Ultimately, I can see a structure like this helping us dramatically improve our business.
- 10.7K All Categories
- 13 Getting Started in the Community
- 41 Beastmode & Analytics
- 2.1K Data Platform & Data Science
- 59 Domo Everywhere
- 2.7K Charting
- 2.5K Ideas Exchange
- 1.3K Connectors
- 362 Workbench
- 303 Use Cases & Best Practices
- 503 APIs
- 120 Apps
- 48 News
- 753 Onboarding
- 1.2K 日本支部
- Private Company Board