More Customization for Bubble/Scatter Data Labels

We would really appreciate the ability to adjust and manipulate data labels in a more dynamic way on bubble or scatter charts and other chart types that have a tendency to clump together.  

It would be really nice to have some sort of option for data callouts with a leader line to the bubble/data point in question.  Currently, I either have to force all datalabels to show (which looks terrible) or pray to the DOMO gods that the datalables we want to emphasize happen to be the data labels that render properly.  We could manually add datalabels to a screenshot of the chart, but that seems like a poor solution.

6 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Simple way would be to have a checkbox on each Series as to whether or not to include data labels for that series.

• AS
    AS 🔵

Conditional, selective data labeling.  I can get behind that.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you for submitting this @NGin92. I am assigning to our product manager @Gavatar to review and comment.

• Thanks for the comment. We are looking at improving data labels on all chart types including bubble and scatter. I would be interested in looking at your sample chart if possible to see how we might handle your case specifically. We have many general options but you could have far more points on a scatter plot than we could possibly display.

This discussion has been closed.