Powerpoint PlugIn and Filters

I love the new Powerpoint Plugin and the ability to make a quick presentation update. I would really like to pass filters with the presentation. In other words, if I have a page set up with 10 cards and filter them to a specific customer, I would then like to go to the Powerpoint plugin and update the presentation and have the current page filter applied so the Powerpoint charts reflect those changes. My thought is each Powerpoint plugin requires a user, that user credentials could be used to see what there last saved Page filter is and pass the cards accordingly. Could be used for a customer presentation, a sales person dashboard, all sorts of great applications. As a workaround, you could go in, change the filters on every card and then export / update the Powerpoint. That takes more times and would frustrate a user and most users do not have that level of authority.

Dojo Community Member
** Please like responses by clicking on the thumbs up
** Please Accept / check the answer that solved your problem / answered your question.
6 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this @Shevy. I am assigning to our product manager @Gavatar to review and comment.

• If you have plugin version 1.1.6.0 or above, you should now be able to use page filters.  

• The PowerPoint plugin can:
      • Give you the option of pulling down cards with (default) or without filters enabled
      • Apply page filters so cards in PowerPoint appear the same as cards on your Domo page
      • Refresh cards in PowerPoint to reflect the most recent filter changes on your Domo page
    • Can’t:
      • Add, customize, or remove filtering on cards within PowerPoint after they are initially retrieved
        • If filters are applied at creation time, all current filters on the Domo page will be applied to filtered PowerPoint cards with every refresh
        • If filters are not applied at creation time, the card will never show filtered data unless you remove and replace with a filtered version of the same card
      • Apply filters to PowerPoint slides created before 1.1.6.0 or above was installed.
  • DaniBoy
    DaniBoy

domo

💎

Great news, congrats!

@Shevy I issued the Implemented Ideas badge for you!

Regards,

Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • Thanks! this could be huge - cant wait to upgrade and test!
    Dojo Community Member
    ** Please like responses by clicking on the thumbs up
    ** Please Accept / check the answer that solved your problem / answered your question.
This discussion has been closed.