Please add field retyping to the connector interface
I've been struggling to import Excel values as DATETIME and checking the alternatives:
* Schema transformation in Workbench.
* Custom date transformation in Workbench.
* DataFlow to change the column type.
* Beast Mode to create a calculated/converted version of the column.
* Have I missed any?
Of these, I like the schema transformation in Workbench best. It's simple, straightforward and delivers the data in the right format. No extra data sets, pure columns, no Beast Mode columns, nice.
It struck me that it would also be quite nice to have the options found in the Workbench Schema pane right in the standard connector interface. I don't know if this applies to a wide range of connectors, but it definitely makes sense for the connectors that can be imported directy onto KPI cards. Specifically, Excel, CSV, and Google Sheets.
- 10.7K All Categories
- 13 Getting Started in the Community
- 41 Beastmode & Analytics
- 2.1K Data Platform & Data Science
- 59 Domo Everywhere
- 2.7K Charting
- 2.5K Ideas Exchange
- 1.3K Connectors
- 362 Workbench
- 303 Use Cases & Best Practices
- 503 APIs
- 120 Apps
- 48 News
- 753 Onboarding
- 1.2K 日本支部
- Private Company Board