ETL Actions: Edit Columns: Set Column Type
As stated in the knowledge base (https://knowledge.domo.com/Prepare/Magic_Transforms/ETL_DataFlows/02ETL_Actions%3A_Edit_Columns), the definition for the Data Type "Decimal (Fixed)" reads as follows: "Contains decimal numbers with a fixed number of digits after the decimal point".
The definition does little to clarify the data type. I am left with a large array of questions, and I can't find further documentation. Below is a short list of key items:
1. What is the precision of this data type? (Two decimal places? Three? Five? Perhaps the max precision of all decimals in the column?)
2. Is the decimal truncated or rounded?
2a. If rounded, what method of rounding is used?
- 10.7K All Categories
- 13 Getting Started in the Community
- 41 Beastmode & Analytics
- 2.1K Data Platform & Data Science
- 59 Domo Everywhere
- 2.7K Charting
- 2.5K Ideas Exchange
- 1.3K Connectors
- 362 Workbench
- 303 Use Cases & Best Practices
- 503 APIs
- 120 Apps
- 48 News
- 753 Onboarding
- 1.2K 日本支部
- Private Company Board