Colorblind Visuals

Right now, most Domo chart visuals are differentiated by color, however we have colorblind team members. The addition of patterns, further animation, or other innovative ways of discerning differences in data would be a helpful development. 

14 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this idea.  I am assigning to our product manager @Gavatar for review.

• Thank you for submitting your idea.  I am assigning to our product manager @Gavatar for review.

• The only thing I would say is this should be optional and for implementation sake could be done the same was as the color selection in the chart options so theoretically you could have di-color (black and white) but different patterns.  Again for implementation sake and user experience, I would expect it to be a selection right next to the color so that any give value or series would show both options.

• DaniBoy
    DaniBoy

domo

💎

@product_John let us know if these are duplicate ideas per @tc comment.

Thanks!
    Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • @product_JohnThey kinda are. Mine was narrower (just bar charts), but adding patterns as option applies to all types of visuals.

• Yes, duplicate request.  Thanks for pointing this out @tc and @SLaczny

• Good point. When we designed the color palette for Domo we did take this into consideration so you should see a pretty distinct difference if you render it on a gray scale monitor. The additon of pattern as a display option has not really been researched yet. I will add it to the backlog for more research.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• SEC
    SEC 🟠

I know this sounds like it was resolved using the grey palette, but it would still be great to have the option of patterns.  I've used that in a one bar projection to use to distinguish between actual and projected when using the last value projection.  I have a use case where I'd like to have patterns as an option for one series of bars, but my only options are colors.  Since it is already out there for last value, could this also be added to the color selections?

This discussion has been closed.