Workbench for Mac and Linux

I have many users asking for mac version of workbench for local development and a linux for version for managing scheduled data loads.  We are mainly a linux shop so spinning windows VM's for this is not the best solution for us.

Please give me a thumbs up or mark as solution if this helped thanks! @anotherdatageek
Tagged:
54 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• + 1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".
  • +1

**Was I helpful? Help a Squid out by clicking the thumbs up for the post that helped.
    **Maybe even hit that little "Accept as a Solution" button.
  • Thank you for your suggestion.  This has been submitted to our engineering team through ticket # DOMO-37797

• @alexpeay can you please take a look at this?

• We are currently focused on the .Net version of Workbench. We are exploring options for migrating to a more portable solution, but we have not added this work to the immediate roadmap.

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • I know what I'm about to suggest is not the solution, but it IS a workaround and it is a suggestion for those that need a quick solution.

I use MAC and sometimes need to use windows (for Domo Workbench) like in this case.

I would recommend to use AWS, there is a service called Workspace which is a Desktop in the cloud.

You can access it from any device, including mobile. Spinning it up is simple and using it as a development environment or for those end users that need an environment with higher resources is a cheap way to go about.

Let me know if it did work for you.

regards,

JP

• +1 would be useful to have support for this for Mac. Critical for password protecting sensitive data. 

• Please make sure to vote up the idea if you commented by clicking on the white arrow.

Thanks!
    Dani

• +1

Is there any progress on if this is happening or not?

• StyLe
    StyLe ⚪️

+1

• Yes, having a mac and linux version would be ideal.  This would avoid a lot of custom scripting.

This discussion has been closed.