Gantt Chart Filter to Limit Data to only Records active Between Dates
I have a Gantt card that uses a Start Date and and End Date to show the span of each record. Some records can span multiple months, quarters. I want my end users to leverage the filter in the upper right hand corner so that they can more clearly see the records that should be in process during a date range that they choose. In short, I want to keep the records on the card if the span of that record overlaps for at least 1 day with the user selected date range -- if not, then the record drops from the card.
For example: A user wants to find records active between 10/1/2020 and 12/31/2020. I'd want them to enter their custom dates as a "between" filter and then see:
1) Records that start before the user's date range but end during the user's date range. Ex: starts 9/1/20 and ends 11/1/20,
2) AND records that start before the user's date range but end after the user's date range Ex: starts 9/1/20 and ends 3/1/21,
3) AND records that start and end during the user's date range (ex: starts 11/1/20 and ends 11/30/20),
4) AND finally records that start during the user's date range and end after the user's date range (ex: starts 11/1/20 and ends 3/1/21).
If a record ends before the user's date range begins - then it should be excluded.
If a record starts after the user's date range end - then it should be excluded as well.
Any suggestions on how to conquer this one?
- 10.6K All Categories
- 13 Getting Started in the Community
- 29 Beastmode & Analytics
- 2.1K Data Platform & Data Science
- 59 Domo Everywhere
- 2.7K Charting
- 2.4K Ideas Exchange
- 1.3K Connectors
- 362 Workbench
- 300 Use Cases & Best Practices
- 499 APIs
- 118 Apps
- 48 News
- 753 Onboarding
- 1.1K 日本支部
- 4 Private Company Board