Adding Hyperlink to table values

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Adding Hyperlink to table values

Hey all,

Does anybody have any experience writing a beast mode formula to insert a hyperlink into a table value within Domo? Can't seem to get it right.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Green Belt

Re: Adding Hyperlink to table values

Set your beast mode formula like so:

CONCAT('<a href="', `Link`, '" target="_blank">', `Title`, '</a>')

Let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Green Belt

Set your beast mode formula like so:

CONCAT('<a href="', `Link`, '" target="_blank">', `Title`, '</a>')

Let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Thanks! I was able to get the hyperlink value to be clickable, but the link takes me to a page within domo, not to the external link. 

It's basically taking me to a blank page that has the same url as my original domo page with the url i'm trying to link to at the end

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Never mind just figured it out, just needed to add the https:// in front. Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
White Belt

Could you please describe in greater detail, as to what values go where and why?

Unsure what `Link` and `Title` refer to, and, if the ` is necessary. Example data:

A four-cell table. Headers: NAME and COLOR. Values: BOB and BLUE.

And I'd like BLUE to be a link to this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue

Appreciate your help!

Highlighted
Black Belt
Black Belt

`Link` and `Title` refer to the columns in the data with the symbols being the column identifiers.  Like `NAME` or `COLOR`.  All beast mode column references require the symbols.

Example:

CONCAT('<a href="', 'https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue', `Name`, '</a>')

The name Bob will show up with the underlying link to the Blue wiki article.

You could put a case statement in there to insert the color value into the web link, given the web page is the name from the data.

Aaron
MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Hello,

I am in a very similar situation, but I have a column that already contains the URL. As of now, the URL is not clickable, so I need to make Domo recognize it as a hyperlink that can be clicked on. So I have a column named 'Link' which contains each row's URL. How can I use this column with Beast Mode to make these URL's become clickable hyperlinks? All i need is the raw URL to be clickable. I don't really need the URL to be a hyperlink with a name. Thank you in advance!

Here is what I tried, which led to a new column named 'URL', but no links were populated: CONCAT('<a href="', `Link`, '" target="_blank">', '</a>')

Highlighted
Black Belt
Black Belt

Try something like this:

CONCAT('<a href="',`Link`,'">',`Link`,'</a>')

Aaron
MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Brilliant! Thank you! So very helpful! 

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

Does anyone know if this beast mode works in the Mega Table card? I'm having issues with it.

Announcements
Stand out in the Dojo: Choose your own recognizable username and add a unique profile photo in your profile settings.