Beast mode to count number of occurrences within a time period

Major Blue Belt

Re: Beast mode to count number of occurrences within a time period

Try downloading it and then looking, that is usally what I have to do. 

White Belt

But it sounds like you understand the request. The only modification from your reply is that we don't want to see the events that happened only one time

Major Blue Belt

hmm filtering those out would be the hard part. At least with the bar graph you could sort it to where single ones would only be at the bottom. 

Major Blue Belt

I was able to make this beast mode which counts the counts basically. Only thing is you can not filter out the single ones because when you try to filter it they all add up. I am working on that now. 

case when COUNT(`Event`) > 1 then COUNT(`Event`) else 0 end

White Belt

We want to show the measure as 2 on the graph, just for X & Y. We don't want to show how many times each multiple event occurred. Just that events X & Y each happened more than once.

(CASE When

(Count(`Event`))

> 1 then

else NULLIF(0,0)

END)

My original beast mode sets the measure to 1 if an event happens more than once but it shows only 1 when I add the beast mode to the graph. Summing the beast mode should show 2, which is the desired result. 

Major Blue Belt

So just one bar with a count of multiple entries? How are you looking to see the data? I can see this becoming just one very long bar if you have alot of data with multiple entries. 

White Belt

See screenshot attachment for desired graph. We are counting the number of events that occurred multiple times in a given period. Look at sample data for Dec-18. There are 15 instances of specific events that occurred multiple times in Dec 2018. My Best Mode assigns a 1 in the data table column for these multiple events or 0 for events that occurred only once. When I put the beast mode into the bar chart value column, the measure shows 1 not the summarized 15. That's why I want to summarize my beast mode so that I see 15 not 1.

Major Blue Belt

Okay, try adding the event name or type in the series column. This will basically allow the graph to count the number of events that appear multiple times so the y axis should have the 15. It would show the number of times something occurred which I know you do not want but it would only show if you hover over it.

This is my beast mode: case when COUNT(`Event`) > 1 then 1 else 0 end

This is what the graph looks like. I am using the same data I showed you before but am graphing it by week. So from 1/1/19-1/5/19 the occurrences was 2 for x, 2 for y, and 1 for z so the bar for that week shows 2. And then for the following week the occurrences were 1 for each so it shows 0.

That’s about the closest you will get I think.

Announcements
Looking for the latest Community solutions? Please visit our accepted solutions board here!