Can I create a Formula on a ETL?

Highlighted
White Belt

Can I create a Formula on a ETL?

I wanted be able to create a formula on an ETL? is that possible. I know the first thing that someone would say is create a beastmode. But what I want to do with those formulas is be able to collapse those formulas. Therefore a Beastmode would not work, I need to create a formula on the etl and collapse those. If someone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Accepted Solutions
Yellow Belt

Re: Can I create a Formula on a ETL?

Hey @xMauro14x,

You can write a function in sql dataflow to calculate the formula. Once you create a function you can use that function as a formula in other steps of the dataflow.  

Let me know if this helps. 

All Replies

Can  someone help with creating a formula?

Yellow Belt

Hey @xMauro14x,

You can write a function in sql dataflow to calculate the formula. Once you create a function you can use that function as a formula in other steps of the dataflow.  

Let me know if this helps. 

White Belt

But is there anyway that I can create a formula on a ETL, I know I can do a beastmode but what I am trying to do is to have that formula already created so I can use it in Beastmode. I rememeber someone from support once did something like Num and Den to create divisions on a ETL. 

Yellow Belt

good morning, 

I've had some success with SQL formulas. What are you trying to calculate?

Yellow Belt

For now, you can only do basic calculations using multiple calculator blocks within ETL. If you want to add, subtract, multiply 2 columns, etc you only need 1 calculator block. If you want to add THEN multiply or any other combination of that, you need to use multiple calculator blocks. There aren't any functions besides the ones listed below. I personally prefer SQL dataflow over ETL because any calculation is possible.

2017-09-22 16_47_22-Calculator - Domo.png

Announcements
Domopalooza 2018! Pre-conference training registration is now open! Click here!