Case Statement with AND function in SQL

White Belt

Case Statement with AND function in SQL

I am using below query to mark the two fileds as 'Exclude'

SELECT *, CASE WHEN `account_number` = 20160001 and `document_number` = 57290 and `distribution_date` = '12/29/2018' then 'exclude'
WHEN `account_number` = 40200001 and `document_number` = 57290 and `distribution_date` = '12/29/2018' then 'exclude'
else 'Include' end as `GL FILTER` from `table`

However, I get the following result: the GL FIlter is 'Include' I want it to be 'Exclude'

domo.PNG

Could anyone please help.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions
Black Belt

Re: Case Statement with AND function in SQL

I'm going to guess the issue has to do with your date column. If distribution date is seen as a date field and not text, you need to update your conditions to look like this:

SELECT *, CASE WHEN `account_number` = 20160001 and `document_number` = 57290 and `distribution_date` = '2018-12-29' then 'exclude'
WHEN `account_number` = 40200001 and `document_number` = 57290 and `distribution_date` = '2018-12-29' then 'exclude'

If it's a datetime, then you'll need to format for that instead. 

Hopefully that gets you what you're after.

Best of luck,

Valiant

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

All Replies
Black Belt

I'm going to guess the issue has to do with your date column. If distribution date is seen as a date field and not text, you need to update your conditions to look like this:

SELECT *, CASE WHEN `account_number` = 20160001 and `document_number` = 57290 and `distribution_date` = '2018-12-29' then 'exclude'
WHEN `account_number` = 40200001 and `document_number` = 57290 and `distribution_date` = '2018-12-29' then 'exclude'

If it's a datetime, then you'll need to format for that instead. 

Hopefully that gets you what you're after.

Best of luck,

Valiant

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

White Belt

Thank you Valiant, This worked for me!

Announcements
Win free lodging at Domopalooza! We want to hear your Domo story, enter our Dojo contest and win up to four nights lodging at Domopalooza. Click here!