Combining dates

Highlighted
Green Belt

Combining dates

Is there a way to add the current date as a constant when making a dataflow? For example, if I have date sensitive data, and then some date neutral data, can I just return current date as a constant to the data set (so that it's always attached the current date)

Accepted Solutions
Orange Belt

Re: Combining dates

Within magic we don't have the ability to add a constant current date, though we can in dataflow. However, this is a great idea for magic! Please visit the Dojo Ideas Exchange http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/idb-p/Ideas. You can search existing ideas and then vote for it if it matches what you have in mind. If you cannot find it, please create a new Idea which can then be voted on by your fellow Dojo members by clicking the white arrow next to the idea.”

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Click here to enter to win a free pass to Domopalooza

View solution in original post

All Replies
Orange Belt

Hi Brad,

You can use the curdate () command to add a current date field to a data flow. If you're inserting it into an existing table, just alter the table and add a "date" column that uses curdate (). Does that help?

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Green Belt

I'm using the magic ETL tool, I can't seem to find the command that will allow me to insert a date column that lets me return CURDATE()

Orange Belt

Within magic we don't have the ability to add a constant current date, though we can in dataflow. However, this is a great idea for magic! Please visit the Dojo Ideas Exchange http://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/idb-p/Ideas. You can search existing ideas and then vote for it if it matches what you have in mind. If you cannot find it, please create a new Idea which can then be voted on by your fellow Dojo members by clicking the white arrow next to the idea.”

View solution in original post

Announcements
Check out these great solution videos! The new iSolveditWithDomoboard is live, share yours and earn higher rankings in Dojo click here!