Convert text into a number

Yellow Belt

Re: Convert text into a number

This works.

Otherwose DOMO treats the 1st comma as the decimal point and rounds up rest of the number.

Example: 1,053, 233 will be treated as 1.00 when you perform mathematical operations.

REPLACE(`number_column`,',','') takes all the ',' off and makes the text 1053233, that is treated     like a number.

White Belt

How can i use this function in domo dimenssion level.

White Belt

I have a dimension that is actually number formate but domo showing Text(T). So i need to convert that text(T) into Number(123)..

Give me the replay how to do it.

Yellow Belt

This seems to be a problem with the data source. Just check if your source dataset is setting the right datatypes. If you cannot correct that, then change the column datatype in a workflow and power your card with the transformed dataset.

Yellow Belt

@DomoBeaver You can convert that column's datatype in a workflow to whole number Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

This is what I did and it worked for transforming a column datatype from text to number as my original dataset could not be corrected I would have to do it in ETL workflow.

Note that my original data even though was a text type it did not contain any text character but strictly number. It was just incorrectly recorded as text type data.

So I started with Text Formatting and Only Show Numbers in this step, and then Set Cloumn Type to Whole Number in the next step, and voila you got Account Number (my column name) transformed to what supposed to be a numeric datatype. 

Announcements
Check out these great solution videos! The new iSolveditWithDomoboard is live, share yours and earn higher rankings in Dojo click here!