How can I calculate a percent of total in a Beast Mode?

Purple Belt

Re: How can I calculate a percent of total in a Beast Mode?

How abouty something like this (using your example)

sum (Case... 'Coke'.... `unit sales` ) / sum(`unit sales`)

This should allow to filter out States.

BeastModes cannot use agregate data with non-agreagated data (as far as i understand), which is a royal pita. 

Dojo Admin

@ckwright

Any thoughts on this Beast Mode discussion?

Thanks!

Dani

Dojo Admin
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
Blue Belt

I've got the same issue.  In situations where I am just looking at a single column of info I use a pie chart (or other similar) that gives the % for category values.  Same can be done as discussed in this thread via the data label macros.

The gap exists, at least as far as I have seen, when I'm trying to produce a table view.

In the attached screen shot, I have "Industry Product Groups" and need to know for each what % of the total they are so I can then compare the actual results to a goal "IPG Mix Goal".  I heard at Domopalooza that totals for tables is coming in an enhancement, maybe that would include a solution for this as well (fingers crossed). 

I'm trying to leave behind ALL MS Excel reports... this is an example where basic Excel Pivot Table features cannot be replaced in Domo. (in Excel this is "% of Column Total" in value field settings).  Users are having to export to Excel from Domo to then produce the category comparisons.  No bueno...

Dojo Admin

@btm

Any thoughts on penidng release of this feature?

Thanks!

Dani

Dojo Admin
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
White Belt

I second this issue.  I'm relatively new to all this, but I'm struggling with summarizing data as well and a pivot table does what I need so easily.  We really need this type of functionality!

Michael

White Belt

Hi Everyone,

I have a related question/example.  I have a data set where each row represents either an on-time shipment or a late shipment (data is a 1 for on-time, 0 for late) and the shipments fall into different categories (materials, components, etc) also noted on each row.  There is also a date for each row so you can get to the weekly, monthly on-time-delivery %.

What I've been able to do:

1. Use the 100% Stacked Bar chart and add the %_PERCENT_OF_CATEGORY to generate this green and red bar graph (see image) with a filter for 1 category.
  2. Generate a pie chart that sums up all the total YTD on-time vs. late shipments (see image).

What I'd like to do:

1. Create a "Single Value" or "Filled" or "Progress Bar" chart that displays the % on-time data.  Ideally a "Filled" gauge that has our target on-time-delivery % for a given time period.  Do I need to use beastmode to make this possible?

Hope you all can help!

Cheers,

Michael

Blue Belt

@DaniBoy this is still an open need for me.  Have not been able to address how I described in my post earlier this year.  The addition of subtotals to tables gives the ability to do a % of total, but the formatting is problematic - especially when you don't have multiple layers of sub-categories.  Notice how the % of total is displayed as a seperate line.  I need to display the percent of total as another column value.  (See attached image)

Have not been able to accomplish with beast mode either.

Dojo Admin

Thanks @swagner,

I am going to try and track down an internal Beast Mode guru to have a look at this thread.

Stay tuned and regards,

Dani

Dojo Admin
White Belt

Hey, I have also same issue. Partly found a solution, I have described it in this topic (https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Beast-Mode-ETL-Dataflow/Summing-up-filtred-values-based-on-criteria/m-p/277...).

But it's not a full solution so would be glad if you could find a way to calculate this thing Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Rafal

Visitor

Has anyone ever found the answer to this?  I'd like to add a percent of total column to a table card as a beast mode.  

Announcements
Win free lodging at Domopalooza! We want to hear your Domo story, enter our Dojo contest and win up to four nights lodging at Domopalooza. Click here!