How can I hardcode a Beast Mode calculation into SQL DataFlow?

Highlighted
Green Belt

How can I hardcode a Beast Mode calculation into SQL DataFlow?

Is it possible to hard code a Beast Mode calculation into the Redshift or MySQL DataFlows? 

There are advantages to Beast Mode calcs over DataFlow calculations, but I want a way of automating the Beast Mode calcs so I don't have to manually re-create them everytime.

An example: add SUM(`sales`) as part of the SQL so that is automatically appears as a beast mode calculation when I start creating a card: 

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 10.52.25 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Black Belt

Re: How can I hardcode a Beast Mode calculation into SQL DataFlow?

There isn't a way to do what you're suggesting in a dataflow, but there is an option so save a beast mode calculation so that it is available on any other card you create using the same dataset.

When you're building a beast mode, there are two check boxes at the bottom of the beast mode builder interface. The first one says "Share Calculation on DataSet". If you check that box, your beast mode will automatically appear for any cards you are building from the same dataset.

Does that get you what you were hoping for?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Black Belt

There isn't a way to do what you're suggesting in a dataflow, but there is an option so save a beast mode calculation so that it is available on any other card you create using the same dataset.

When you're building a beast mode, there are two check boxes at the bottom of the beast mode builder interface. The first one says "Share Calculation on DataSet". If you check that box, your beast mode will automatically appear for any cards you are building from the same dataset.

Does that get you what you were hoping for?

View solution in original post

Green Belt

Yes, thanks!

Announcements
Check out these great solution videos! The new iSolveditWithDomoboard is live, share yours and earn higher rankings in Dojo click here!