How can I prevent data being filtered if I graph by period

Visitor

How can I prevent data being filtered if I graph by period

I have discovered that Domo is filtering my data if I choose to Graph by Year. This produces a problem because I need to reflect an accurante summary number. It only appears to happen when I graph by YEAR, Month, Quarter, etc. and I'm using a Date field in the X-axis. To convey this, I will use an example: I have 100 rows of data with the X-axis containing a date field called DateofEntry with data spanning over multiple years. My y-axis is count of records and the series is a status (open, closed). My summary number is set to have an overall count of records (i.e. 100 records). Leaving the Date Range as "all-time", if I set the Graph By to year (or anything other than none), my summary number goes to 95. I also appear to only have data being charted as of 1990. There are no other filters or sort at play and my source data file looks correct. 

If I create a beastmode to do a year(`DateofEntry`) and chart it by year, it works great, but I lose flexibility of the user charting it by another period. Any helps or insights appreciated.

Ryan Draughn

Major Blue Belt

Re: How can I prevent data being filtered if I graph by period

@rdraughn  do you hvae multiple date columns in your data? What date range field is selected in the drop box for time range?

Visitor

Hi @Ashleigh 

Yes there are several different date columns in our data set. No matter which Date Field I elect to use in the X-axis, it behaves the same. If I graph by "None" I see all data, if I could by "Year", it filters data and I can't find a rhyme or reason of why certain data is filtered.

And I'm using "All time" as the Date Range.

Ryan

Major Blue Belt

Which date field are you using in the drop down menu, not the x axis. I provided a photo of what I mean. Also are you sorting the data by anything? If so try removing all of those and see if it fixes anything. 

Announcements
Looking for the latest Community solutions? Please visit our accepted solutions board here!