How can I troubleshoot the following MySQL error? MySQLTimeoutException: Statement cancelled due to

Highlighted
Yellow Belt

How can I troubleshoot the following MySQL error? MySQLTimeoutException: Statement cancelled due to

MySQLTimeoutException: Statement cancelled due to timeout or client request

I've received this error several times even though when I run the MySQL code as a preview it's always 'Valid'

Please advise

Accepted Solutions
Black Belt

Re: How can I troubleshoot the following MySQL error? MySQLTimeoutException: Statement cancelled due

When I see this error, the first thing I'll check is to make sure that the appropriate fields being referenced in the WHERE, JOIN, and GROUP BY clauses of my SQL have indexes on them to speed up any comparisons the DB may be doing. If everything is indexed appropriately, but you're dealing with very large datasets or complex calculations, I'll look at getting the timeout period extended for the operation. If you're seeing this in a dataflow, contact Support. They can extend the timeout period for certain transforms.

Also, note that in a MySQL dataflow, the preview runs with a limited number of records by default. Each dataset will load a preview size of 10,000 records. You can include more by changing that value on the dropdown on each input dataset. Each transform will return a preview of the first 100 records. These preview sizes often mean that the time for a transform to complete in a preview may be significantly less than when the dataflow is running with all the records loaded.

Let me know if that helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Black Belt

Re: How can I troubleshoot the following MySQL error? MySQLTimeoutException: Statement cancelled due

When I see this error, the first thing I'll check is to make sure that the appropriate fields being referenced in the WHERE, JOIN, and GROUP BY clauses of my SQL have indexes on them to speed up any comparisons the DB may be doing. If everything is indexed appropriately, but you're dealing with very large datasets or complex calculations, I'll look at getting the timeout period extended for the operation. If you're seeing this in a dataflow, contact Support. They can extend the timeout period for certain transforms.

Also, note that in a MySQL dataflow, the preview runs with a limited number of records by default. Each dataset will load a preview size of 10,000 records. You can include more by changing that value on the dropdown on each input dataset. Each transform will return a preview of the first 100 records. These preview sizes often mean that the time for a transform to complete in a preview may be significantly less than when the dataflow is running with all the records loaded.

Let me know if that helps!

View solution in original post

Announcements
Check out these great solution videos! The new iSolveditWithDomoboard is live, share yours and earn higher rankings in Dojo click here!